Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
250g button mushrooms, sliced thinly
200g raw beetroot, sliced thinly
2 medium carrots, sliced thinly
250g cherry tomatoes, some halved some quartered
1 romaine lettuce, quarted and sectioned with base removed
6 small radishes, sliced thinly, keep some with tops on for contrast
4 spring onions, sliced thinly into rings
Handful of almonds
A bunch of watercress
90ml lemon juice
2.5 tbsp olive oil
Large handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
Salt and pepper
- First, make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place the mushrooms in a separate bowl with ⅔ of the dressing and toss well.
- Leave mushrooms to marinade whilst preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Arrange the lettuce on one side of a large serving bowl or smaller bowls for individual servings.
- Build the remaining ingredients in sections, arranging beetroot, radish, carrot, tomatoes and spring onions. Finishing with the marinated mushrooms.
- Drizzle the remaining dressing on the salad and dress with fresh herbs if desired.