Campaign financed with aid from the European Union. The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility.
The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
A classic Japanese dish, Miso Cod is a beautiful seafood dish you can pull off at home. Baked to perfection, this dish offers succulent flavours from the cod and a rich Miso tang, served with garlic mushrooms and sprouts.
- 250g baby mushrooms (button or chestnut), roughly chopped
- 200g brussel sprouts
- 3 tbsp miso paste (ideally light)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 4 x 180g pieces of cod loin (equal sized, ideally fat)
- 2-4 pak choi, depending on size, cut into wedges length ways
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the sprouts. Cook for 5 minutes until tender. Drain.
- In a bowl mix the miso paste with the garlic and softened butter until combined. Take a tbsp of this mix and put it aside to top the fish with.
- To the rest add the mushrooms and sprouts and coat thoroughly (it might be easier to use your hands). Transfer everything to a large baking paper lined tray and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Add the pak choi to the tray and mix thoroughly to coat with the miso. Top the skin side of the cod fillets with the remaining miso paste and place on top of everything for a final 10-12 minutes, until the fish is cooked.